Thanks to its new, bold exterior styling, turbocharged engine options, versatile interior, and advanced safety features, the 2018 GMC Terrain has made a positive impression on car shoppers in the Raleigh area.
The all-new Terrain has been completely redesigned to provide drivers with a safe and comfortable ride every time they get behind the wheel. Let’s take a closer look at what the 2018 has to offer.
Explore the Redesigned 2018 GMC Terrain Compact SUV
Performance & Fuel Efficiency
Under the hood of the 2018 GMC Terrain, you’ll find one of three new turbocharged engines. With the base 1.5L turbocharged four-cylinder engine, the 2018 Terrain can generate 170 horsepower and 203 lb.-ft. of torque when paired with the standard nine-speed automatic transmission. The 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder and turbocharged 1.6L four-cylinder diesel engines are available as well.
When it comes to fuel efficiency, the all-new Terrain does not disappoint with EPA-ratings of up to 26 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway with front-wheel drive and up to 24 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway with all-wheel drive.
A Well-Equipped, Versatile Interior
Once you step foot into the 2018 Terrain, you’ll notice a versatile interior that gives off a luxurious vibe. Even on the entry-level SL, you’ll find a leather-wrapped steering wheel, cruise control, keyless start, 7″ infotainment system, and five free years of the OnStar Basic Plan. Some of the most noteworthy, new interior features on the Terrain include:
- An expanded center console with pass-through storage
- A fold-flat front passenger seat
- Flat-folding rear seat
- Under-floor compartments
Advanced Safety Features
When browsing our inventory of 2018 GMC Terrain models, you’ll find that this compact SUV was designed with optimal safety in mind. You can expect safety technologies such as Surround Vision, Forward Collision Alert with Following Distance Indicator, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, and Low-Speed Forward Automatic Braking.
In addition to those, you’ll find these new, advanced safety features:
- Rear Seat Reminder: This system reminds drivers to check for children, pets, or belongings in the backseat.
- Safety Alert Seat: The Safety Alert Seat offers drivers the option of haptic seat-bottom vibration pulses rather than audible crash avoidance alerts.
- Teen Driver: Teen Driver is a built-in system that allows parents to coach their teen drivers — even when they’re not in the car. Parents can set a volume limit and speed alerts as well as receive an in-vehicle report card that tracks their teen’s driving performance.
Contact Thompson Buick GMC Today
To learn more about the 2018 GMC Terrain and explore our inventory of high-quality vehicles, contact us today or pay a visit to our dealership. Our friendly, knowledgeable sales professionals look forward to helping you find the vehicle of your dreams.